Unanswered: auto-fill text fields?

I hope I'm asking this question correctly. Is it possible to set certain fields to automatically be filled with the same info?
    I built a tracking database and certain figures will always be the same such as handling fees and shipping costs. Can I set those fields so they automatically fill in with these amounts to save me typing? I've got typing dyslexia and don't want to transpose numbers!

for example, I would always want a field to be filled with something like: $2.95
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lycialive View Post
    I hope I'm asking this question correctly. Is it possible to set certain fields to automatically be filled with the same info?
    I built a tracking database and certain figures will always be the same such as handling fees and shipping costs. Can I set those fields so they automatically fill in with these amounts to save me typing? I've got typing dyslexia and don't want to transpose numbers!

for example, I would always want a field to be filled with something like: $2.95
    Thanks!
    I would set the default value for each control in the form.

What I do is this:
    1) store the default values in a table
    2) use the form's On load event to set the default values.
    3) use the after update event of each control to set the default value to the current value. This allows the default value to be change at any time.
    4) Use the form's On Unload event to save the default values
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

I appreciate that, but I guess I don't know how to do any of that. I don't know how to store the default in the table. Also, on the properties under events, there are no on load or on unload options.

First try setting the default value for controls to see if that works.

Note: On Load and On Unload are events of the Form object.
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.

I appreciate the help, but I'm in way over my head on this one. I know nothing about vba. I'm working in the form property sheet in design view. None of these options are available unless I right click and choose "form properties".

Then I see the on load and on unload fields. But from there, I have no idea what to do with them. The only time I can see them is if I'm building an expression, and then none of it makes sense. I think I need to get uesd to enrteing the numbers manually.

at this time, do not worry about the form's event

just try setting the default property for a text box control. No VBA required.