Unanswered: emailing a report as a pdf

I need to change the reports to a pdf to send them due to layout and some vendors not being able to open snapshots. I am currently working with 2003 but can probably talk the client into going with 2010 if necessary. Here is the code I am using.

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "rptPO", acFormatPDF, [txtEmail], , , "Propper PO#" & [txtPO], "Attached is the PO requested. If you can not open the file, please contact us immediately.", True

In 2003, it works but I get the dialog box that asks what format to use. In 2010, I get a message about wrong data type in one of the expressions.

Thanks
    Terri Gavin

Provided Answers: 6
    PDF was not built in until 2007. In 2003, many of us use this:

ReportToPDF
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tgavin View Post
    I need to change the reports to a pdf to send them due to layout and some vendors not being able to open snapshots. I am currently working with 2003 but can probably talk the client into going with 2010 if necessary. Here is the code I am using.

DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "rptPO", acFormatPDF, [txtEmail], , , "Propper PO#" & [txtPO], "Attached is the PO requested. If you can not open the file, please contact us immediately.", True

In 2003, it works but I get the dialog box that asks what format to use. In 2010, I get a message about wrong data type in one of the expressions.

Thanks
    If you are using Access 2003, it does not support acFormatPDF. You must have Acess 2007 or higher.

I posted a link to Report To PDF in one of your other posts. I use this tool to create PDF's with Access 2003.

Since Access 2007 and 2010 support an .MDB for User Level Security, you can use Access 2007/2010 commands that are NOT backwardly compatible. I have have issues myself with this the before.

... I am currently working with 2003 but can probably talk the client into going with 2010 if necessary.
    What about having your client installed the free Access 2010 runtime?
    Last edited by HiTechCoach; 07-12-10 at 18:08.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Boyd, Thanks for answering but this is a bit beyond my coding (okay, to be honest, a lot beyond my coding). I downloaded the db and installed the files in the right folder. But I am not sure how to get it to run with my code. I imported the module but how do I call that module from my code. If I paste the code after my code, I get a message about can't have anything after the end sub. If I import the three modules into the db, I don't know how to call it. Can you walk me through it???

On the Access 2010 runtime...I am not familiar with it. I have used the 2002 Runtime for clients but it didn't give you filtering options and we need to use a lot of filtering here.
    Terri Gavin