DB structure help

Hi, i'm posting here because i'm not sure where else to post.

I require a little help with the structure of a new database i'm going to design. I have various excel sheets that i wish to create a database for, and i'm not sure about how to go about it.

I've read up on various relational integrity database structures, buti'm struggling lay out this database in the method that will work.

I'm going to be using OpenOffice's Base, as this is the only software i have at home, and i'm only really a beginner in what i usually use at work which is access.

If someone could volunteer a little jump-start for me I would be eternally gratefull

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by colenzo View Post
    If someone could volunteer a little jump-start for me I would be eternally gratefull
    you've given us zero information on what the contents of the database will be about

my advice is to start a new thread in the Database Concepts & Design forum, in which you outline and describe the entities (tables) and relationships (foreign keys) that you anticipate having
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

the point was to give you only an overview so I would know the appropriate section to further post in, so i thankyou for the information.

Generally, as a begineer you do not want to be flamed into posting in the incorrect section, therefore thats why I started here.

So thankyou for the information and the curt reply, feeling very welcome right now.