Unanswered: SQL Server Database Help - Newbie...

Hi all.

I have tried for about 30 hours to get SQL 2008 installed on my machine and I just can't do it. So I have given up, hoping that someone on here will be able to help with sorting out my problem.

My host closed down and I had to recover my data base and website which has taken sometime.

Moved my site to a new host who require me to upload a .bak of my MS SQL database. Here is my problem.

I have a .mdf and .log file only and these are actually out of date. However they hold a lot of stored procedures etc...

My upto date information in the tables have been exported to an Access database. so I have the information to make my .mdf up to date.

Once the information from the access database has been added into my .mdf I then need the .mdf backed up to a .bak file so I can upload to my server.

Can anyone help me with this and how much will it cost?

Kind regards
    a frustrated website owner.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    If your database is reasonable in size (under 10 Gb) and you will send me the MDF and LDF files, I'll convert them to a SQL 2008 BAK file for you.

I'll need to know what is the latest build of SQL 2008 that your ISP can support. Not all ISPs keep current on patching, and some of them (notably are unable or will refuse to load a backup produced by a later version of SQL Server than they run on their servers.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.