Thread: Monthly Access

Unanswered: Monthly Access

I have an access application I am building for a client who wants to be able to turn off access to the application once a person/user has completed their task or over a certain period of time. The client wants me to grant access to the application when someone requests access to the application and does not want it open to everyone all the time. They basically have to state the purpose to access the data and once approved, they can go in. I dont want to keep creating password after password. It would be more efficient for me to assign a "license key" behind the scenes. How could I best accomplish this?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    What does "the application" entail? What kind of assets are you being asked to secure?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Provided Answers: 59
    consider using network permissions, you make the application visible tot he required userids as and when

your application remains unchanged
    your merely alter the visibility of the app using the permissions for the file
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

The application entails viewing and printing info about the status of certain court cases in our database. I need to be able to open it up to them for a period of time to do their research and close it and be able to access it again (lets say if I gave them 3 days access rights). Once the case goes to different directions, the information changes and certain people no longer need (should have) access to the application (and relevant case). Ideally, I would like the application to point to a spot on the network where I could keep this "license key" for a user and define an expiration date. As long as the key and date fit, they can have access.