Unanswered: add an existent db to new installation...
Linux Opensuse 11.2
DB2 9.7 ESE (time evaluate).
I'm learn DB2 and executing some tests here...
Bellow is the steps I do:
- I Install db2 9.7 (db2_install method)
- created a new instance called "db2note1"
- created the SAMPLE database , executing the "db2sampl" using the default parameters.
- The sample database was created into the default directory : /home/db2note1/db2note1/NODE0000
- I drop the instance and das (db2idrop , dasdrop)
- I uninstall the db2 (db2_deinstall)
- I reinstall the db2 , following the same procedure before...
- Offcourse the DB SAMPLE don't appear. But I can see it using the command :
db2 list db directory at /home/db2note1
- I catalog the database manually , using the command:
db2 "catalog db SAMPLE AS SAMPLE AT NODE db2note1 WITH 'db catalogado depois'"
Opening the Control Center , the database don't appear.
Checking with the list db directory, I got this:
System Database Directory
Number of entries in the directory = 1
Database 1 entry:
Database alias = SAMPLE
Database name = SAMPLE
Node name = DB2NOTE1
Database release level = d.00
Comment = db catalogado depois
Directory entry type = Remote
Catalog database partition number = -1
Alternate server hostname =
Alternate server port number =
They appear as "remote" type of database.
Well... My guess is, don't appear on the control center because this... but how solve ???? Is possible?