Unanswered: How to make database case sensitive?

Hi All,

Currently i have to do my database to change case sensitive. There are over 70 tables and complex store procedures inside db. . The main purpose why i want to make db case sensitive is to make more secure some id which have been used for incoming and outgoing data ID i.These id were link up with many tables and inside the store procedures as well.
    How can i start to approach for this development. Do hope for your advise and opinions.

Thx,
    thiha

Provided Answers: 12
    You need to change the collation for your database to a case-sensitive one.
    Inside Management Studio this can be changed in the properties of the database.

Provided Answers: 10
    You'll also have to change the collation of any existing objects.
    I have run the scripts written by Brian Cidern that I found here before and they worked great!
    George
    Home | Blog

Hi Both,

Appreciate for your reply. Actually i have already changed the database and table level collation. But for the column level collation, let say for one table there are approximately 13 columns. So i am quite sure i will busy if i change manually by sql script for each column . Is there any opinions to change all column collation in quick way.

Thx,
    thz

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by thihazaw View Post
    Appreciate for your reply. Actually i have already changed the database and table level collation. But for the column level collation, let say for one table there are approximately 13 columns. So i am quite sure i will busy if i change manually by sql script for each column . Is there any opinions to change all column collation in quick way
    Does that mean you specified the collation for each column while creating the table?
    Because if not, the columns will automatically "inherit" the collation of the table. If no table collation was specified the table will inherit the collation defined in the database.

Provided Answers: 10
    thz, did you click on the link in my last post..?
    George
    Home | Blog