Red face Unanswered: Copy Row Contents from one form to another

Hi Team,

I am relatively new to Access. Need help in copying Rows from one form to another. For Ex : I have form named "Table 1" and in that form i have a Row with Heading "Name". I want the contents of the names to be appear in another form "Table2". I know this can be done using Query . However i need to add additional fields to Table 2 wherein in query you cannot do it.

Please note i am new to this software thingy .. please dont ask me write scripts as i dont know what it is ... If anybody could provide with me with a script that would be great.

Cheers

Sreejith
    Last edited by killthedope; 07-28-10 at 08:43.

Provided Answers: 6
    You can add data not in the original table with a query, so perhaps you should specify exactly what it is you want to add.
    Paul

Copy Selected Row Contents to Different Form

Hi paul,

I want some of teh fields from Table 1 to reflect in Table 2 and should also be able to add fields apart from the contents from Table 1.

Cheers

Sreejith

Provided Answers: 6
    That's restating what you said in the first post, not providing additional detail. Here's a guess:

INSERT INTO Table2(Field1, Field2)
    SELECT Field1, "Whatever" AS Field2
    FROM Table1
    Paul

Let me be more clear i have a Fom(Table 1) with the folowing fields ... NAME, LOCATION, COUNTRY,LANGUAGE,INTEREST .. Now I want a copy NAME AND COUNTRY automatically in another form (Table2) with another fields .

My new form (table2) should have NAME and Country from Table 1 and addtional fields that i am keep adding ...

Please note the form(table 1) is directly linked to my mail box and it gets updated everytime a mail comes ... i also want my table 2 to be updated automatically when table 1 is updated.