Unanswered: WrkGrp switch not working

Hello. I have someone who has the following command line in her shortcut (and it worked on her previous computer):

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\MSACCESS.EXE" "F:\QC DB\QC WORK STATION.mdb" /WRKGRP "F:\QC DB\Secured.mdw"

(yes there really are spaces in the path and filename. Grrrr)

However, on her new computer the "WRKGRP" switch is ignored and the program uses the default C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\system.mdw instead. No error messages are returned when the shortcut is executed.

As a test I tried copying the MDB and MDW to c:\ and changed the shortcut to point to them, but still had the same problem. So that at least rules out a network issue.

As another test, I temporarily renamed her default workgroup (at C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\system.mdw) and then copied her Secured.mdw to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\system.mdw and then her program used her MDW just fine. So I guess that rules out her MDW file being corrupted/bad.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why her original shortcut seems to ignore the "/wrkgrp" switch?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 59
    suspect it is the spaces in the path thats causing the problem

if you cannot get rid of the spaces then you may need toinvestigate if you cna do a symbolic link as a server share
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks Healdem. I hate when people use spaces in paths and file names! However, I have since used the same paths and shortcut on another computer and it works fine. Looks like the problem is unique to her new computer. I'm going to have to remote-control her new computer again and verify the Access version, service pack level, etc. I guess. Something is different about it.

Well, nothing worked. I don't have time to keep fighting this. She only has 1 Access program that uses Access security so I just joined the workgroup thru the workgroup administrator program. At least she can do her work. I hope to get that onto a SQL back-end before long, but I still wish I knew what the deal is! Thanks for the ideas, guys.