Unanswered: Load csv data into table

Hello all,

I am writing a program to load all rows from a csv file into a mssql table using bsp command the command i gave is as follows
    bcp "DBNAME.DB_USER.tableName in fileName.csv -m 50000 -f fileName.fmt -e Bad.log -C RAW -S DBSERVR -U DB_USER -P DB_PASSWORD -k
    say there are three records in the csv file, data is getting imported into the table but only first two records are inserted in the table the bad file is empty not sure which option i missed in the bcp command. I want to load all three records in the table the records are seperated by new link char, also
    This was first now the second,
    what if i want to skip the first record of the csv file which option should i be using for this. Plz let me know

Thanks

Please could you post your exact bcp command (edit the password and username though of course)? That would not insert anything.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

For the second question, check out the first row parameter (-F).
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

there is only one f parameter i.e -f fileName.fmt and no -F parameter should i add this one if yes then please let me know the parameter value which i should give so that all the rows are selected.

here is the bcp command, i have given this in a bat file, so on running this bat file the process runs.
    bcp "%DBNAME%.%DB_USER%.SCT_tablename" in filename.csv -m %MAX_ERRORS% -f filename.fmt -e filenameBad.log -C RAW -S %DBSERVR% -U %DB_USER% -P %DB_PASSWORD% -k

Default is to insert ALL rows so only use -F (and -L for last row) if you don't want all rows (e.g. if there is a header).
    Does your last row in the CSV have a row terminator at the end? (default is newline).
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Thanks pootle flump

The newline for the last record did the trick, now all the records and getting import in the table

Thanks again

Good stuff. Experiment with -F and you'll see you can configure SQL Server to skip rows at the top and you'll be set.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump