Unhappy Unanswered: Recover from deletion

hi all,

I accidentally deleted the db2 admin folder. Then I copied the whole folder back from the backup. Later, i was trying to update a database, so I tried drop db first, it returned me that the database doesn't exit. So I tried to create one, then it returned that "The database alias already exists in either the localdatabase directory or system database directory." I figured it might be because of the catalog thing. When I was trying to run "catalog db", it actually told me that " ""does not have the authority to perform the requested command". I double checked groups and SYSADM group, I am the admin and uder the SYSADM group. Can anyone please give me some suggestions?

Thanks!

I was trying to log in as root and do all the command, but it returned that "root" doesn't have the authority to perform the requests either...

Provided Answers: 5
    When you restored the directory, which user did you use?

Andy

I actually simply used FileZilla to restore all the files...

I have the exact same problem. Would appreciate any help...

Depending on what FileZilla is doing to the ownerships and privileges of the files, your "recovery" may not have worked because it may have lost suid bits and assigned different file owners. What you should try instead is to user /opt/ibm/db2/V9.x/instance/dasupdt to recover the admin server or /opt/ibm/db2/V9.x/instance/db2iupdt to recover a regular DB2 instance, i.e. the "sqllib" directory. You will have to catalog your databases again since the database directory is stored under ~/sqllib/, which was deleted. So you still have to know the directories of the database files and then use the CATALOG DB command.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development