Question Unanswered: Report Orientation

Good Day Everyone,

I have been having an issue with my reports reverting to Portrait.

I have a bunch of reports that are set up as Landscape, I have them set up on Forms using the Options Group ( am not a VBA person nor an expert). This was the only way I could manage to get them on a menu for the users.

However, when the reports are printed from the Menu, which uses a macro, they tend to revert back to Portrait and print all wrong for the user.

Is there something I can do to prevent them from constantly being portrait so that no matter when or how they are printed they will always print or come up in View as Landscape?

This constantly frustrats me since I have to go in and fix the report all the time.
    Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by CHI Brian View Post
    Good Day Everyone,

I have been having an issue with my reports reverting to Portrait.

I have a bunch of reports that are set up as Landscape, I have them set up on Forms using the Options Group ( am not a VBA person nor an expert). This was the only way I could manage to get them on a menu for the users.

However, when the reports are printed from the Menu, which uses a macro, they tend to revert back to Portrait and print all wrong for the user.

Is there something I can do to prevent them from constantly being portrait so that no matter when or how they are printed they will always print or come up in View as Landscape?

This constantly frustrats me since I have to go in and fix the report all the time.
    Thanks for the help.
    First thing:

If this is a multiple user app, is the database split?

Does each user have their own copy of the front end?

Are you compiling your front end into a MDE/ACCDE?

See: Splitting your Access database into application and data
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Provided Answers: 6
    Also, what version do you have? There was a known issue with 2000 doing this type of thing:

The printer settings may lost when the Name AutoCorrect feature is enabled in Access 2000
    Paul

It is a multi user DB. No it is not split, don't think its necessary and have no idea how to do it.
    so the rest of that is not being done either. I am self taught, and not a programer or an expert either.

The version I am using is 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by CHI Brian View Post
    It is a multi user DB. No it is not split, don't think its necessary and have no idea how to do it.
    so the rest of that is not being done either. I am self taught, and not a programer or an expert either.

The version I am using is 2000.
    Did you try turning of the AutoCorrect?

Also with Acess 2000, make usre that every computer that uses the database has all the lasted Updates installerd for Office/Access 2000. I have found that if you do not have at least SR-2 installed you will experiense lots of issues.

About Splitting:
    It is extrememly necessary, many will say required, for any multiple user database.

TIP: Make sure you do backup often!
    Last edited by HiTechCoach; 08-03-10 at 14:17.
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.

Provided Answers: 6
    Paul

you guys can get pretty mean.

I was not trying to be mean. I apologize for sounding that way.

I was just pointing out what other top Access gurus and Microsoft Access MVPs think about splitting a database.