Unanswered: One of my instances won't start..

Here is my problem, while working in a web application the database became unresponsive, when I logged into the server I noticed the instance had stopped. I try but cannot restart the instance. This is DB2 8.2

Then I went into the event log and saw this:

PID:7540(db2syscs.exe) TID:6420 Appid:none
    base sys utilities LicCheckProcessors Probe:20

ADM12017E The number of processors on this machine exceeds the defined
    entitlement of "1" for the product "DB2 Enterprise Server Edition". The number
    of processors on this machine is "4". You should purchase additional processor
    based entitlements from your IBM representative or authorized dealer and update
    your license using the License Center or the db2licm command line utility. For
    more information on updating processor based licenses, refer to the Quick

Basically All other instances are working fine except that one, which was fine for the last 6 months. Any idea how to fix this?

Jena, Germany
    The message above is irrelevant. It just tells you that you only have a license for 1 processor, but you're running DB2 on a 4 processor system. But it doesn't say anything about the fact that the instance cannot start. You should see some messages telling you why the instance was stopped and also some messages about the failure to start again.

In any case, you may want to move to DB2 V9 because V8 is out of support for a few years now.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development