Unanswered: Paradox OBDC drivers missing in Windows 7

We have WPX5 including Paradox 11 running on Windows 7 64-bit but can't find the Paradox OBDC drivers in 'ODBC data source administration' - tab in Administrative tools.
    Is there some special installation procedure needed for them or do they exist at all?
    Corel support seems to be unable to answer this question.

Janne
    janlap@utu.fi

you are correct, from what I've seen elsewhere - the Paradox ODBC drivers aren't in Win7.. however, the Microsoft ODBC drivers were always only for level 5 tables.. you can always go to Marant (or whatever they're called now) and get current drivers..

but if you actually have Paradox and the BDE installed, why would you need them?
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Could you be more specific please, I'm just a novice in Paradox. All we want to do is transfer files from SAS to Paradox and these are the drivers we have been using in Windows XP.

Janne

Could you be more specific please, I'm just a novice in Paradox.

there are third-party places on the internet to get good drivers.. the company that used to be called Merant is the most respected.. you can also get good drivers from the Developer's Edition of Paradox 9..

but, as I mentioned, Paradox itself has nothing to do with this.. it doesn't need ODBC drivers to access its own files.. evidently the SAS process does.. but, depending on your needs, Paradox itself might mean that you really didn't need ODBC at all..

people that use Paradox tables and Paradox software natively don't use ODBC drivers.. so you're really asking in the least likely place..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too