Unanswered: Project Server 2007 Database

I posted a question at Microsoft Forum, so far I had no response. This relates to Project Server 2007 database/project question. Hopefully someone can help.

Our main system is Syteline 6 (Backend is progress database) that runs the whole place. The user enter expenses data using that system. My project is to grab the expense cost of the task data. Once I retreive the information, I need to update the TaskActualCost in Project Server 2007. The field is in

I have been using PSI (Project Server Interface) to retreive the project and task information within .net program. I have not run into a problem yet until now. The field that I was going to update was only a read column only. (Task_Act_CostColumn)

I was wondering if I try to update the MSP_TASK.TASK_ACT_COST in the published database. Will it cause any problem? I was told not to directly to update project server 2007 using queries. But I am not sure what I need to update the Actual Cost back to Project Server 2007.

Thank you for any assistance.

Provided Answers: 10
    Ah. I believe Microsoft's recommendation is to never update the data in the Project Server databases. This is, in part, because of the architecture of the 4 dbs: archive, draft, reporting and publishing.

I suggest you read this here: Project Server Programmability

I thiink there are methods available, but I don't SQL is the avenue I'm afraid!
    Home | Blog

Thank you for your reply. I already using the method that they are talking about. But the method that I use will not allow me to update the information that I need. It is a read-only property. I am trying to use a different route to see if anybody has any idea.