Unanswered: Displaying a report according to an specific ID

I'm currently developing a database for a business run by some relatives of mine. The end goal will be no database complexity and just a display of forms and reports. At the moment they're using a flat file MS Works database which is an utter mess.

I've created a basic form to enter some data. It's the exact same data that is sent out to a customer and returned in a populated form which is then input. It mimics what they already have in place. Currently they print this directly from MS Works.

As I understand forms should be used for entering data. I can pull the information up using a report but the problem is, a report pulls the information for everyone. What should I be doing so I can specify a certain record? Let's say - Customer 2542.

or is printing a form sufficient? I can't check that as I haven't got a printer at the moment.

I'm not looking for a specific step by step answer, this is a learning process for me at the moment. If you can drop a few general guidelines to point me in the right direction as I learn better that way. I'll come back if that fails.

Provided Answers: 59
    specify a filter on the report as part of the opening arguments
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 6
    Paul

sweet guys, I shall check it out.

I need to read up on the code based stuff that goes way beyond the GUI.