am seeking an experienced candidate for a project-based opportunity (more info listed below…PLEASE READ). IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE that meets the qualifications, and would be interested, please ask them contact me ASAP so that I can provide additional and expanded details. Thanks and have a wonderful day!
Note 1: If you don't know of anyone that is interested, no response is necessary.
Title: HelpDesk Agent / Customer Service Rep II
Start Date: 01 Sep 2010
End Date: 30 Jun 2011
Currently seeking a candidate with the following skills:
The USMS Help Desk supports 5,000+ employees nationwide across 494 sites. The Help Desk is primarily responsible for resolving incidents at the individual workstation level by remote access or in-person desk support. The platform supported is Windows XP including MS Outlook and standard Microsoft products. This is a TCP/IP network and Active Directory has been implemented for directory services. The agency is experiencing growth and change which have resulted in these positions becoming available in order to meet the diverse and growing needs of the USMS community.
The subcontractor will provide help desk resources on a monthly basis for approximately 9 months with the possibility of conversion from temp to HP permanent and additional performance duration.
3. Services or Detailed Task/Work Requirements
Resources should meet the minimum required described as follows: Under general supervision, provides onsite or remote support for one or more of the following user systems (desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, and handhelds) according to contract specifications. Provides basic support of systems for break-fix, install, move, add, change, and preventative maintenance activities. Conducts routine hardware/software troubleshooting and problem resolution within the IT systems. Assists higher level IT Systems Technicians in research of problems and implementation resolutions with at least 95% first time accuracy and customer satisfaction. Coordinates systems repair with outside vendors. Escalates unresolved problems to expedite resolution. Maintains systems documentation. Assists in determining suitable hardware/software to meet user requirements. Tracks hardware/software inventory. Resets user passwords. Provides user orientation of current hardware/software packages. Reports and receives technical requests, including supporting ‘field’ and ‘walk-in’ service requests, maintains and troubleshoots network printers and copiers, prepares and configures computer equipment, including installation and deployment of appropriate software; receives, tags and logs all incoming hardware and software;
Providing face-to-face and telephone support, this helpdesk role is suited for an eloquent, flexible and sociable candidate who enjoys being an integral part of a dynamic team. The applicant will enjoy investigative and problem solving tasks, be able to manage numerous tasks and prioritize their time accordingly, commune effectively across a broad range of situations and be fastidious with administrative work and follow up of outstanding issues.
Conducts follow-up on customer service requests to ensure satisfaction and resolve any additional tasks. Provides support to junior level help desk representatives and other customer service representatives. Ensure SLAs for responding and resolving customer requests are met.
Your responsibilities for this position will include:
- Respond to customer enquiries and software related issues
- Work closely with other members in the management, marketing, sales and development teams
- Proactively follow and execute customer support procedures and requirements
- Understand information systems and gather input from customers
- Provide input into client service strategy and direction
- Proficiently use administrative and relationship management tools to record and manage day to day activities and report to management
Skills - To be successful in this role you must possess the following skills:
- Excellent phone manner
- Good problem solving and investigative skills
- Exceptional professional conduct and appearance
- Be a good listener, able to identify and prioritize key issues during a conversation
- Possess excellent interpersonal and relationship skills including the ability to relate well to a diverse range of people in a diverse range of situations
- Be well organized, disciplined and self managed
- Have an enthusiastic, positive and fun outlook
- Be a fast learner, open to learning new skills with a "can do" attitude
- Excellent command of the English language
- Internet savvy, good computer skills and open to learning new applications
- At least 4 to 5 years experience of IT or Help Desk experience
- Experience with Remedy, Tivoli, Openview and other Help Desk tracking software required
4 Acceptance Criteria
**You MUST be able to complete an USMS clearance before formal hire offer can be made, able to pass backgound check, able to pass drug test and employment check