Unanswered: Select MAX ID if no Request passed

Working with .NET and an Access db.

I hope this makes sense. I want to pull the largest record from an Access dB if no parameter is passed in a QueryString.

Under normal situations, my passed querystring might look like this; http://www.XYZ.com/videos.aspx?id=1

What I would like to do is have the page "http://www.XYZ.com/videos.aspx" load the MAX ID record by default. I tried this, but it won't even load the page portion that is suppose to contain the data and returned no errors;

Here is the Query;
    SELECT *, (SELECT MAX(ID) FROM myMovies) as Max_IDFROM [myMovies] WHERE ([ID] = ?) '"Select all the record data of either the passed querystring value OR get and use the MAX ID of the records if no querystring passed"

My ASP.NET code;

<asp:AccessDataSource id="AccessDataSource2" runat="server" DataFile="_database/92592_Web.mdb" SelectCommand="SELECT *, (SELECT MAX(ID) FROM myMovies) as Max_IDFROM [myMovies] WHERE ([ID] = ?)" CancelSelectOnNullParameter="False">
    <SelectParameters>
    <asp:QueryStringParameter Name="ID" QueryStringField="ID" Type="Int32" />
    </SelectParameters>
    </asp:AccessDataSource>

OK, this works, (well sort of, it not only returns the MAX ID but the selected record as well), but could someone clarify or even post a better solution?

"SELECT * FROM MyMovies WHERE ID = ? OR (ID = (SELECT MAX(ID) FROM MyMovies))"

Code:
    SELECT * 
    FROM MyMovies WHERE ID = ? OR ID = (SELECT MAX(ID) FROM MyMovies WHERE ? IS NULL)
    I don't know if that is allowed using your provider.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Actually, this might be better:
    Code:
    SELECT * 
    FROM MyMovies WHERE ID = NZ(?, (SELECT MAX(ID) FROM MyMovies))
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

I ended up using this SQL;

SELECT * FROM MyMovies WHERE ID = @ID OR (@ID IS NULL AND ID = (SELECT MAX(ID) FROM MyMovies))