Unanswered: What did I forget

A user wants to access a test-database (v8.2 aix) by means of DbVisualizer (DbVisualizer - The Universal Database Tool). So I grant him connect & select rights on the tables and views and also select rights on the SYSCAT views.
    For the CLI this is sufficient, using his user-id I can make a connection and retrieve the data from the tables.
    But dbvis won't work yet. I can make the connection, look at the structure of the tables but I cannot access data.
    I get
    Code:
    DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-551, SQLSTATE=42501, SQLERRMC=xxxx;EXECUTE;NULLID.SYSSH200, DRIVER=3.50.152
    Strange. The re-bind of @db2ubind.lst and @db2cli.lst had no effect.
    Anybody an idea?

Your bind parameters may be wrong. Get the fixpack install instructions for that exact fixpack release and execute the bind command exactly.

You might also need to do a remote bind to the database from the DB2 client running on the Windows machine where DB Visualizer is located (should be able to do this with Client Configuration Assistant GUI).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

No, that is not it. When I login with my own user-id (=DBADM) I can work as expected but when I login with the other userid I it does not work. It seems that somewhere in the JDBC-internals it tries to access more db2-objects. Anyone knows the minimum "GRANTS" to ensure seamless JDBC access?

Did you GRANT EXECUTE ON PACKAGE NULLID.* TO that user ?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_te_z View Post
    No, that is not it. When I login with my own user-id (=DBADM) I can work as expected but when I login with the other userid I it does not work. It seems that somewhere in the JDBC-internals it tries to access more db2-objects. Anyone knows the minimum "GRANTS" to ensure seamless JDBC access?
    That is a clear indication that the bind options are wrong (unless you actually tried to do the bind and it still does not work). Rebind does not work, you must use the exact syntax as contained in the fixpack instructions..
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by umayer View Post
    Did you GRANT EXECUTE ON PACKAGE NULLID.* TO that user ?
    THANKS. That did the job!