Thread: Desktop problem

Desktop problem

Im pretty stupid when it comes to things about computers.
    i know a little bit but this is just beyond me i dont know if its a hardware problem software problem or what.

But i reformatted and reinstalled Windows xp Home SP2 due to virus problem, sumhow got a virus and it $#@^#@ over my computer and i wasnt able to access internet, download nearly anything, or even system restore... so i reinstalled the windows and thought that i will just start all over again,

but wen i tried to set up internet nothing would work...still... i went to device manager and said that everything was working except: Ethernet Controller, Multimedia Audio Controller, RAID Controller, RAID Controller.

They all show yellow bubble with exclamation mark in them and i try update, reinstall and watever but i cant cause no internet... i have no othr CDs other than the windows xp home SP2 disk.

i know my computer works with my internet cause it was working... before the virus.
    i dont know much about the desktop because my dad is the person who gave it to me and always messed with it.
    Last edited by pootle flump; 08-10-10 at 12:14.

You have to load the device drivers for those items. They are not included with the Microsoft CD.
    You should have a Cd that came with the computer with these drivers on it. If you don't then you will have to identify the device, and (go to the library/work ?) and search for the device driver (usually in the download section of the manufacturer's web site). Copy the download to a CD and then install it on your system at home. If you do the ethernet card first, you may be able to then connect to the internet and acquire the rest of the missing drivers.

But enough to know how to spam forums the world over.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Kitaman, the easy way to tell a spammer/spambot is to do a google search of the first sentence in the post.
    "Im pretty stupid when it comes to things about computers" - Google Search
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Give away all our secrets why dontcha
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.