Unanswered: Need Help with Sun 280r/RSC connect

Hi all, I have a sunfire 280r, that's giving me some problems. I realize the server is very old, but I would like to try and get it somewhat running for patch testing. I realize that server just might be way way to old and not even worth it, however I would like to spend some time atleast trying to get it to work.

I am getting no video signal from the server,

I tried accessing it via terminal on a linux machine using a DB25/rj45 cable, I read somewhere that a Null Modem cable is supposed to be used... what is that? What a null modem cable? I can' t seem to access any info in the terminal.

any help would be apreciated. I am not sure if anyone know anything about RSC remote system configuration i think is what it stand for.

i spent some time google(ing) the problem,and i didn't seem to find anything that was of much help.

from what I understand RSC is similar to ALOM LOM and XFSC or something(they are all forms of "light out mangers")

I think this machine has solaris 8 on it, but i have no idea what the pass word or user name is, since the machine was donated to me.

all help is apreciated thanks!

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >I read somewhere that a Null Modem cable is supposed to be used..
    In most simple terms a null modem cable has transmit & receive lines "crossed"; as opposed to straight through.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Okay so I guess I cant use an RJ 45? What is this null modem cable? Do you have a picture?

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Providing SUN hardware support is not exactly on-topic for an Oracle specific forum.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Is there a SUN section on this forum? I figured since Oracle bought out SUN that it would be covered in here.