Unanswered: SQL Server Time out Error

Hello,

I am getting a time out error (error number HYT00) on application remotely accessing the database.

Why could this error occur and how to remove it, if anyone can help.
    Error code: 0x80004005
    Thanks

1)Confirm you can connect from the server - independant from app., such as a ping & telnet test
    2)check network protocols

thanks for reply

but all is working fine on sql server end and this time out error occur some times on application and it gives this error randomly.

I read somewhere it could be due to sql sever ran out of connections

How to tackle this problem

Provided Answers: 6
    make the sql faster.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

that's the question,

How to make the SQL faster?

Provided Answers: 11
    Depends on the SQL. You could also look for blocking problems. Do you have a baseline of "normal" performance of the database server as far as %CPU, disk queues, or page life expectancy?

How do I check all those parameters which u specified

You need to capture the exact error you're getting when timeout occurs. There are 2 types of timeouts, connection, and command (or query, depending what connection methodology you use). There is a number of reasons you may get either type, including the ones mentioned in prior posts. Capturing the exact error and correlating it to the specific line of code in your app will let you answer this question yourself.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."