Unanswered: SQL Server 2005 max size/record limit

I would like to know what SQL server 2005 does when it reaches the max records/size of DB. If I want to delete the records after this point, how can I program the server to delete all or some records and then start adding new ones from the begin id or start adding? What are the different ways to do it?
    WiTh Tnks & ReGaRdS
    mAtHuKuMaLi

Provided Answers: 54
    Eh?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 11
    There is a limit to the size of a single record (exclusive of varchar/varbinary(max) columns), but I do not think there is a limit on the number of rows.

If you're asking what I think you're asking, a DB can become full when it reaches the maximum size you specified for it. At that point it becomes read-only. You can set the server to increase the maximum file size by 10% whenever that happens, which solves the immediate problem. If you don't have the space to keep enlarging the DB, or there's some reason to keep it a constant size, you could use an alert that's tied to the "max file size reached" event. The alert can run a script that deletes some records (by ID or date or whatever)--or does anything else you need done. Create the script, create the alert, and it's Miller Time.

actually its a dought asked by my colleague i was not clear about the question asked by me any way what i want i get it thanks all
    WiTh Tnks & ReGaRdS
    mAtHuKuMaLi