Thread: Combo Box Issue

Unanswered: Combo Box Issue

I have some combo boxes on a form that are not "filling in" data when I type data in the field. When I begin typing something that is in the list of items in the combo box list it doesnt try to complete the entry with the closest thing in the list. What is the fix for this.

I know this is an easy fix, but I can t for the life of me remember how to get it to work.

Provided Answers: 6
    Check the Auto Expand property of the combo.
    Paul

Auto Expand is set to yes on all Combo Boxes, however only one is working properly.

I have gone thru all of the properties on the table that contains the combo boxes yet only 2 fields are allowing the data to be filled in. In the other fields that have combo boxes I can type the entire text that is shown in the list in the combo box and it still does not match. Is there a formatting issue that I cant see.

Example I can type "Air General" in the field and although "Air General" is in the list shown it will not allow it, I have to select the "Air General" from the list.

What is going on?

Is it possible that items in the list have leading blanks?

SL

No there are no leading blanks. I had all of the combo boxes working for a little while and now they are back to not expanding, save for the same two that were working before.

WHat is going on?

Provided Answers: 6
    What are the row source, column width and bound column properties of the combo?
    Paul

The Row Sources are based on a query, same as the working ones
    just different data

Column Width is left blank
    Bound Column is 1

All Properties seem to look the same for all of these combo boxes. Yet 2 of them always work and the remainders are tempermental