Thread: Printing Labels

Unanswered: Printing Labels

Hi all,

Replacing the old system we have, we have a label software (Labels Unlimited) where we can enter the deails of a new customer and print out a label for them. Printing-wise, we can do the following:

- Print consecutive orders on consecutive labels (which can be started anywhere on a sheet of 3x8)

- Print any single record, again starting on any label, printing several times.

Is there a way to do this in Access?

Cheers

We print a ton of labels using Access 2007/2010. We set up both single label and multi-label printing as an Access report (the wizard will get you started). You have to adjust it to print correctly. We print on both sheets of labels (30 address labels) and single labels using a Dymo label printer. The label report is tied to a query which controls the number to be printed. We just tag the records that we want labels for and then run an update query to reset the tags when the labels have been printed. Works great.

Another option is printing to a printer like the Zebra LP 2844. You can get them pretty cheaply on eBay and you don't have to worry about skipping labels. The printer is a thermal label printer and it is very easy to use with Access or any other program.

I have no affiliation with Zebra, but I do have quite a bit of experience using one and it is much easier to set up and use than sheets of labels (which I have also used with Access).

The labels we use are 70x37mm and are all on a sheet of 3x7. I'm currently using Access 2003 and was just wondering if there's a way in that to print on these sheets of labels.

We do use a Zebra printer for one of the courier labels but the sizes they use are too large for what we need these for (but thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into smaller labels for this printer).

Managed to find the label report (and corresponding labels) but I was wondering if there is a way to print a single record on a label and also choose which label in the sheet you are printing on (instead of being the first label on the sheet, top left)......?

See my link you choose how many labels you want to skip.