Unanswered: Problem with updating form

im currently creating a new database for a lab. as a was trying to import the data from their previous database i noticed that when i insert information in the table, the corresponding form isnt updated. i know that this isnt normal since this didnt happen when i created a new db just for testing.
    i have no idea wats going on. any suggestions?

Provided Answers: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by tehillati View Post
    ...as a was trying to import the data from their previous database i noticed that when i insert information in the table, the corresponding form isnt updated...
    Can you explain a bit more? Which data and how do you import? What do you mean by "the corresponding form"? and how should it be "updated"?
    Have a nice day!

i did a simple copy paste. no code or anything like that. i simply copied records from the previous database then pasted them in the new one, category by category.
    ill give some more detail about my db:
    the two tables that are mainly concerned here are my ExperimentsGeneral and Animals table. the ExperimentsGeneral table contains general information concerning the experiments and Animals is a list of the animal test subjects. the two tables are linked by a one to one relationship by the field ID in the Animal table and the field Animal in the ExperimentsGeneral table.
    the form i mentioned contains controls for fields in both tables. i did not make a sub form for animals but dragged in a few fields from the list of fields.
    wat i mean by update is that when i copy and paste, new records are obviously made in the table. the problem is that these new records dont show up in the form and only the records that are created directly through the form appear.
    i hope thats clear enough...
    Last edited by tehillati; 08-19-10 at 05:24.