Unanswered: DB2 upgrade from 8.2 to 9.7

Hi,
    Our current system -DB2 8.2 /Win2003 32bit

Now we are planning to build a new DB servers (MS Cluster) with DB2 9.7/Win 2003 64bit. Then I have to restore the current db2 backup from V8.2.

How can I do this. Please advise or send me some usefull link.

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 5
    You should just have to do an offline backup of the V8 database. Then do a restore of that image to the V9.7 instance. You may have to do a redirected restore. If you have any stored procedures or packages, those will have to be rebound on the new database.

That should do it.

Andy

Thanks Andy. There is no Stored Proc. But we have packages. So I can rebind them.

Currently the data files are stored in E: D: and G: drives. (all SAN DISKS).
    If we setup the new server with same drive layout, then I think that we dont need the redirect restore. Is it Correct ?

What about Indexes (All type 2 indexes now). Do I need to drop and recreate them in 9.7 enviornment?

Please advise.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dgunas View Post
    Currently the data files are stored in E: D: and G: drives. (all SAN DISKS).
    If we setup the new server with same drive layout, then I think that we dont need the redirect restore. Is it Correct ?
    Yes, this is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dgunas View Post
    What about Indexes (All type 2 indexes now). Do I need to drop and recreate them in 9.7 enviornment?
    No, you don't need to.

Thanks

Big THANKS to everyone for your valuable support. Now I have to start working on this.
    I am sure that I need more help from you guys . Until then
    Thanks.