Question Unanswered: Access 2007, How do I reference a value in a field on a report?

How do I reference a value in a field on a report? I'm relatively new to Access 2007 and I would like to load variables with data from a report. I know how to do it in a form:

dim dirval as string

dirval = Me!DIRECTORATE.value

But this does not work when you are working with a report, when I try to do this I get "Run-Time error '2424' The expression you entered has a field, control or property name that XXX database cannot find", and when I click the 'debug' button it points to my 'dirval =' statement.

How do I reference a value in a field on a report? I guess that is what I need to know. Because, this is making me sweat and I need to figure this out as soon as possible.

So, if anyone can help, please do! I will owe you one.

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 6
    The same method should work. What event do you have it in? Values are not yet available in the Open event, if memory serves.
    Paul

Thumbs up Still New to Access, Thank You, Luck Me.

Lucky me,

It was in the Report_Open event, fortunately I was able to circumvent the whole issue by using the Record_Source property in the Main Report properties. I was able to retrieve my data, order it, and have it display itself properly on the form.

No I am no longer sweating it out...lol...

Thank you for your response though, I do appreciate it.

Ya'll have a good day now.

Provided Answers: 6
    Happy to help, and welcome to the site by the way!
    Paul