Unanswered: Data base corruption

I am having an argument with the IT guy, we are having corruption mostly in 1 table that is accessed from this one workstation. I think it is network related, bad packets or something he says it must be the DB. We have dozens of different offices running this DB and this is the only one having problems. They were able to add 1,200 rows over a month since the last corruption.

Thanks for any suggestions

Provided Answers: 11
    Define "Corruption". Do you mean that the data is wrong, or that DBCC CHECKDB returns errors?

Broken pointer

Check for disk errors in the database machine's system event log. The number one cause of database corruption is disk errors.

Can you post the output for the following:
    Code:
    DBCC CHECKDB(your database name here) with no_infomsgs

Thanks, I always thought networks and bad packets was the major problem?

I don't think I have ever met a corruption problem based on a network factor. In fact, I have met very few network problems at all. The reason disk problems are so far in the lead, is that no client process has access to any of the internal pointers or other disk structures that SQL Server (or any other DBMS for that matter) uses to maintain data files. All that comes from the client are directives (delete, insert, etc.) and data values.

So what is the best way to prevent these disk problems? Sorry to be a newbie. thanks for the education.

Most server systems are good at making sure writes happen. If you see disk errors in the event log, you should check with your hardware vendor, and see if they think you need to upgrade firmware (they may have a bug list), or replace a few parts. It depends on what is actually dropping the data. There are a few I/O systems that SQL Server does not technically support. NAS devices, and IDE drives come to mind. I am not sure about SATA drives. Any SCSI drive or SAN system is fine.

Thanks for the help