Unanswered: The dreaded Runtime macro error message

Hello All

After the euphoria of using the Access 2007 Runtime program and being delighted by its simplicity to deploy, I was brought back down to earth when loading the runtime program on a computer without any Office product, as is the case of most schools in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.

Before converting to runtime, I had enabled all Macros in the trust centre. You are informed that this is not recommended, but how can they be a security risk when the macros were created by Access itself? This has always been a mystery to me. Why cannot Access recognise a macro created by Access?

To get to the point, does anybody out there know how to eliminate the dreaded security message when loading the runtime version of Access? I know the user only has to click on OK to proceed, but I see it as a sign of failure on my part when I ask non-computer literate users to try and understand my inability to eliminate this irksome problem.

I have spent most of the day seeking an answer to this problem online, but as yet no success. It is so well recognised, I'm very surprised that a solution has not been found yet.

Terence
    London
    19 August 2010

I wrote this article:

Trust Center in Access 2007 and 2010 Trusted Locations

It has a link to a free app called AddPath that may be very useful.

Hope it helps ...
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11