Unanswered: Help on creating a db from scratch on MS Access

Alright so I'm a complete and total beginner here. I am an intern for this company I'm working for and they have asked me to compile some data into MS Access 2003.

Problem: I've used Access maybe a total of 5 hours. Very inexperienced.

This is also my first time posting so let me know what kind of information you need if you are willing to help me. If not, I do appreciate the interest!

I would like to be able to have specific fields on Access and have it Accessible to the staff members here who has no clue how to even use a computer. (Or it seems like it anyways) I do appreciate this and thank you in advance!

Your question is WAY to broad. People are pretty good about answering specific questions. But if you have never really used Access I would recommend looking at a beginning Access book.

Well I have a database set up right now. Multiple databases actually. But it is incredibly difficult to navigate and well its basically a mess. There are 22 databases one for each location and I was wondering if it could be merged into one big database. Also creating reports are kind of hard. I was wondering if I can just use excel but I don't know if excel could create reports. I think what I need is just a sample db so that maybe I can see what exactly I want. Thanks for your time.

Provided Answers: 59
    so you have 22 db's that are essentially the same thing
    what ever else is bad or iffy about access, the last thing your could claim as bad is reporting, its one of Access's strengths.

it sounds liek your problems are down to the design, either of the app or the database objects. I think you will benefit from understanding the key concepts in relational db's before pressing on with anything.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

My tip is want do you want to get out of the database and work backwards. Forget Excel for the time-being. All regular information can be put into separate tables and then use the power of a relational database.

I usually start with the existing management information and see if I can emulate it and create the tables on the fly and then tidy up afterwards!

Simon