Unanswered: from db2 on UNIX/AIX to db2 on z/OS

i got a job offer for position of DBA on z/OS but in the last 2 years worked with db2 v8.2/9.5 on AIX (and have certification for it) and have previous experience with mainframe (JCL, DB2, QMF, Platinum).

Is it worth going from db2 for LUW to db2 on z/OS?
    How hard is it to support both at the same time (i might have to do it on 60/40 basis)?
    Is it true that average salary of db2/z/OS DBAs higher than of db2/LUW DBAs?

I am concerned about future of z/OS but new job pay is much better than i have in my current position. And I like db2 LUW better than db2 z/OS.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

Provided Answers: 5
    Markham,
    I think its great to be able to go between the different platforms. It gives you better insight to the capabilities and helps you think about some things in a different manner. I do see recently more LUW positions comin available, but still plenty of Z/OS jobs out there as well. I have supported DB2 on all but AIX platform thus far and I have to admit that I am biased for the mainframe. I think the mainframe positions, can, sometimes, pay a bit better, but it mostly depends on you and how you sell yourself. I have been working with DB2 for about 14 years now and really do enjoy my work. Good luck with the new job offer.

thank you for your input
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux