Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unanswered: SOLVED - Filter subForm comboBox based on main form combobox selection

Here is my problem. I am trying to filter a combobox on a subform based on a combobox on my main form. I am successfully able to do this with two combo boxes on the same mainform but not with one on the mainform and one on the subform. I have attached a sample database with the tables, queries, and forms associated with this issue.

I would greatly appreciate some help on this issue. I have read countless topics on this site relating to this topic and I have tried all the responses but I just keeping getting lost in the middle of the code.

Thank you in advance to all takers.

Sean
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by usmcgrunt; 08-28-10 at 17:45. Reason: Re-upload zip file

It looks like your zip file is empty.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro
    Please reply to this forum so all may learn.

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    It looks like your zip file is empty.
    I just downloaded it and unzipped it and it opened fine. Does it matter that I am using WinZip 14 Pro?

Hmm...I'm just using the unzipper that comes with Win7 and it thinks the file is empty.
    RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP, ac07, ac10 - WinXP Pro, Win7 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RuralGuy View Post
    Hmm...I'm just using the unzipper that comes with Win7 and it thinks the file is empty.

Zipped again and re-uploaded. Hope it works this time.

Sean

Still thinks it is an invalid zip file, sorry. Guess I can't assist here.

What OS are you using?

Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows since XP has known how to zip files natively so no external program was needed. I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

See if WinZip replaced the native compression. Right click the file and "Send to" Compressed file and see if WinZip comes up.

Well, I just uploaded it again without any compression. Lets see how this works.

Same results. How big is the file? If it is < 10MB then take a copy of the db and rename the extent to .zip and upload it. I'm pretty sure the uploader does not actually check the file for format. Are you using an accdb?

ok, I right-clicked and then selected 'Send to' and selected compressed (zipped) folder. It is the new version at the top. The file size unzipped is only 576kb.

unreal. ok, here is a version with the file extension renamed to .zip
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wonder if this site is truly replacing the file each time you overwrite it. Try attaching your latest zip to a new post.