Thread: HSQL DB v 2.0

Unanswered: HSQL DB v 2.0

Hi all,

We just don't have a place for hsql db discussions and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the new hsql v2 release?

Cheers,
    Al_REL-EZ_Al

Provided Answers: 54
    This is the first post that I remember on DBForums regarding HyperSQL. Other than version 1.8 being part of OpenOffice, I can't remember having seem a post about HyperSQL anywhere.

Every so often I see a post or two about a database platform that isn't represented here at DBForums. If there is enough interest (that would be about two or three posts per week in actual conversations instead of just "ads" like your post, two or three different posters, spread over a month) I'd be willing to consider adding a new forum for almost any database related topic/product/etc.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Ads?

Aawww... sorry about that Pat. I didn't mean to post a thread like an 'Ad'.

I was really hoping for someone to give a review on HSQL v2.

I was looking into it the other day and saw that it had some fairly nifty features... particularly the timestamp handling.

I kind of thought that it was unique to HSQL v2 and was trawling through the forum for other similar features from other DBs and couldn't find anything specific on it.

Anyway... I do apologise if it seemed like an 'Ad'. I'm really calling for reviews and feedback on it as I am contemplating integrating it into my application.

So if anyone saw drawbacks with using it etc then I might be weary and wait for v2.1.