Unanswered: Error when starting TSM by Command "dsmc"

Hello Folks,

I want to have a look into my TSM archive to see which Backups have been made in the last weeks but i get a new Error message when i start the TSM with the command dsmc which is like this:

Server1 db2inst1: dsmc
    ANS1398E Initialization functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage Manager logs or a related file: /var/tsm/dsmerror.log. errno = 13, The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.

I took a look into the IBM Information Center but it doesnt help much. Can you help me please? Thanks in advance

Hi,

you don't have enough permissions on /var/tsm/dsmerror.log. You can specify a location for the logfile:
    dsmc -errorlogname=<LOGFILE>
    e.g. dsmc -errorlogname=dsmerror.log will create a dsmerror.log in the current directory

Ok - Now I entered:

dsmc -errorlogname=/home/db2inst1/dnserror.log
    But error is still coming ...

dsmc
    ANS2036W Pruning functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage Manager prune files: /var/tsm/dsmprune.log. errno = 13, The file access permissions do not allow the specified action.
    IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
    Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface
    Client Version 5, Release 5, Level 2.12
    Client date/time: 30.08.2010 16:05:13
    (c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2010. All Rights Reserved.

Node Name: HSPQDA01
    ANS1353E Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered

Then just set the Environment-Variable DSM_LOG. All Logfiles required by dsmc will be created in the specified directory.

export DSM_LOG=/home/db2inst1
    dsmc

Cheers
    nvk