Unanswered: Paradox v7 Export Help Needed

Hello all from a brand new member. I am wanting to move data from a Paradox v7 .db data file into a MySQL database but do not have software to export it. I should say I do not have software compatible to export a table with a large memo or BLOB field. The table is a couple of MBs and would transfer through email. Send me a message or email if you can help, I would really appreciate it, I am pulling my hair out. Thanks, John

AFAIK, there is no software that will include the memo/blob field in an export for ANY platform.. the reason is simple.. the software wouldn't know what the content of the blob field is, so how would it export it?

as an alternative, you can scan the paradox table and extract the blob info to a file, using the key values of each record to create the naming convention of the file.. then you can insert the file in your new data system, using a similar reversed scan logic..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Perhaps BLOB was not what I should have said. It does not have any binary data. The field is all text data but is over x amount of characters and is probably stored in a memo field type. Does the same answer still apply?

Thanks

probably a memo? .. if it's a memo/blob, the answer is the same.. if it's just text, and the contents are really under 255 characters, or you'll be comfortable slicing it at that point, you can convert to an alpha field first..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too