Question Unanswered: Unrecognized database format error 3343

Hi,
    I searched the net and couldn't find proper answer for this symptom, I already developed a database for document control in Access 2007 which the back-end is located on server and it was working without problem for around 6 month and suddenly it started giving error number 3343 and the back-end crashes every few days.
    I tried to recover the back-end but it can not do the recovery, it seems it is completely corrupted, thanks to the back up system I developed for the db and saves the latest back-end each time db closes.
    I found one thing in net about the server autodisconnect time but I'm not sure the problem is due to this, here is the related link:
    MS Access "Run time error 3343" - Tech Support Forum

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions
    <<Never Walk on the Traveled Path, Because it only Leads you to where the Others have been.>>
    Graham Bell

Provided Answers: 7
    Is the back end a msaccess data base 2

if try this

compact/repair

or

what I done is Import the table into a new database

1 table at a time

I had a corrupted database once it was a memo feild once I deleted that record everything went find

it would crash the database everything you tryed to view that feild
    think it took me about 2 days for find it as there were over 200,000 records in the table.
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

Thanks myle,
    Yes the back end is ms access too, but I didnt add any new field to any tables recently and it was fine for about 6 month but I will transfer the tables to a new database like what you said.
    could you tell me how did you checked the tables and how did you find the problem? I want to do the same procedure.
    Thanks.
    <<Never Walk on the Traveled Path, Because it only Leads you to where the Others have been.>>
    Graham Bell

Provided Answers: 2
    I also had a similar problem. With the same conclusion that myle found (corrupted memo field) It also took me ages to find because the database worked fine until you viewed the record with the corrupt memo field. In datasheet view you could look at the record OK until the memo field popped up. That's when the wheels fell off.

Compact/repair didn't work and I couldn't delete the offending record because everytime I selected it the whole thing crashed.

In the end I created a new database with a new table in it without the memo field (fortunately not much data in it) and manually copied everything over. 1 table at a time!

Haven't used memo fields since!

Hope this helps a bit.

thanks sheusz, but do you mean you don't use memo in your designs? If you need a field with more than 255 character length what would you do?
    Graham Bell

Provided Answers: 59
    depends on your business requirement. its rare to come accross a requirement for a memo column..

what are you suing it for?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 2
    Fortunately my applications haven't required the use of the memo field. One day I'll get over the aversion and use them again.

Problem was I could never figure out what caused the issue and, like you, couldn't find a good solution.

Thanks everybody,
    I have 3 memo fields in 2 tables, 2 of them are for keeping file address for some configurations which is not being used too much and just has a few records.
    the 3rd one is for holding the documents description which may need more than 255 characters and its records would be too much and is being used frequently.

I checked the third one and went trough all records but didnt find anything unusual, how can I find the record that hold the problem?

Again do u think there would be any problem with server and autodiconnect time?

Thanks
    Graham Bell