Provided Answers: 2

Red face Unanswered: Silly form problem.

I have a rather silly question to ask.

How do I add a field to a form that was originally created with a link to a single table. The field I want to add, so that data can be input, is in another table not originally linked to the form.

I can view data from the second table by creating a text box and using;
    =DMax("[FlashNo]","Customer Machine Components","MachineNo='" & [MachineNo] & "'")
    Which is great, but I want to be able to edit or enter the data on this form.

I would have thought that this would work;
    =[Customer Machine Components]![FlashNo]
    but alas it doesn't.

What am I doing wrong?

The table in question are xMachine Configurations (the one the form was originally linked to) and Customer Machine Components, to which the form is not linked.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Global Village
    You have two ways,
    first you can add the second table to your form record source and then you can simply add or edit data

you can open a recordset using ADO or DAO method and manipulate the data
    <<Never Walk on the Traveled Path, Because it only Leads you to where the Others have been.>>
    Graham Bell

Provided Answers: 2
    Thanks Aran1

Forgive me for appearing dim, but how do I add the second table to the form record source? I can't seem to locate the option. I thought it would be part of the form properties.

Provided Answers: 14
    Instead of selecting a table as the RecordSource of your form, you can create a query that associates both tables and assign the RecordSource property of the form to it.
    Have a nice day!