Unanswered: Access 2003 issue - cant delete table

I have a strange problem that i cannot resolve

I am trying to delete a simple table and no matter what i do I cannot delete it
    I have done the obvious: right click and delete etc
    I get “Microsoft Office Access has encountered a problem" which sounds like i cannot delete while opening it??
    I am getting red under the collar and my brains are frazzled from trying to delete a simple table. I will stick my head in a microwave soon and leave the timer on

Is there a simple way of deleting or dropping the table - i am sure its a simple code

If you open a new module and type:

Code:
    Call DoCmd.DeleteObject(acTable,"TableName")
    In the Immediate Window (replace TableName with the actual name of the table) and press enter then it should delete the table. If that doesn't work then you might try Compacting and Repairing the database before trying the delete again. I have never had a problem deleteing a table before so I am not sure if this will work.

Quote Originally Posted by DCKunkle View Post
    If you open a new module and type:

Code:
    Call DoCmd.DeleteObject(acTable,"TableName")
    In the Immediate Window (replace TableName with the actual name of the table) and press enter then it should delete the table. If that doesn't work then you might try Compacting and Repairing the database before trying the delete again. I have never had a problem deleteing a table before so I am not sure if this will work.
    DCKenkle, You have just fixed my problem in 10 seconds that has been causing issues for about 2 months now. Many thanks to you for giving me some help