Unanswered: Unassociated Free Text

I have a report page that will be printed out once in a while with all the analysis on it. I currently have a text box on top to allow the user to give the report a title, and I have another box below it for notes. These reports and the information they capture will be changed periodically and so there is no need to save the title or the notes. Is there any way I can just enter the title and notes and not be saved on the database? Right now, after I populate the fields, the text disappears when I click out of the box.

Yes you can definitely use an unbound text box in your form; where the user types in their temp info....and have the report include it. Put an unbound textbox in your report and give it the control source:
    =Forms!FormName.UnboundTextBoxName

put in your actual Form and textbox name of course.

I didn't quite follow that part you post about the text disappearing - - the text in the form is temporary and so clears when you close that form...but should clear just tabbing out of the textbox.

Hope this helps.

www CahabaData com

I am able to create a text box in a form. But I am having some issue creating a text box in a report where the text should stay visible after clicking somewhere else. The text does not disappear in the form's text box, but it does in the report's text box. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.