Unanswered: Multiple forms are used to fill the same table

I'm working with a database (Access2000) that I built off the sample database Contacts that has some of it's tables data split out to different forms. I am making some changes to it after 4 years.

I am using it for a Yes/No concept

Form1 is the argument (ArgumentID(autonumber)) from tbl1, subform1 is the answer tbl2 - where you need to select for Agree/Accept(form2), Disagree/Reject(form3) or Not Sure(Form4)

All controls on subform1 and forms2,3 and 4 are from tbl2, under the same AnswerID(autonumber): controls 1-8 - the answer - are filled in on subform1, then you select the Yes/No/Not Sure response you are making by chosing one of three buttons (on subform1) that opens form2, form3 or form4.

So when I click the button to open form2 I need the controls to reference the same recordset as subform1.

The problem is - the forms are opening as a new recordset.

What is the syntax to have these forms open under the same recordset?

Note: subform1 can have other versions of the answer entered, that would become record 2 under the argumentID, with a 2nd answerID. Both or all of the answers that fall under the argument need to get responses
    Note2: My system is now Access2007, but I did not convert it b/c it seems to run okay and I didn't want to mess with it

Provided Answers: 6
    Is this what you're looking for?

Open a second form to the record
    Paul

Provided Answers: 59
    woudl it not be better to stuff all this onto one form... using, say a tabbed dialog
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

i had it on a single form - but it was 2 confusing to see what I was talking about
    I've never used tabbed dialog so I'm not sure where to start

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    Is this what you're looking for?

Open a second form to the record
    Paul - problem is I need to be able to enter info in here, so what I need the on click to do is open a new record with the same ID#. i think I'm going to have to split the table. Ugh

Provided Answers: 6
    I won't pretend to understand your setup, but if your data is all in one table then the tabbed form is probably a better solution. If you want to try it, add a tab control to a form, then distribute textboxes for the various fields among the tabs, in whatever logical way is appropriate to the data.

If you need to add a new record to a different table, you could open the second form in data entry mode and then copy over the ID:

DoCmd.OpenForm "SecondFormName"...
    Forms!SecondFormName.IDFieldName = Me.IDFieldName
    Paul

Paul and healdem - tabbed form is awesome! thanks so much!!