Unanswered: Form / SubForm Design

Hi all,

I need some help with database design.

I have a form and a subform which are linked via a unique number. Ideally can someone please tell me how I can design the form so that the controls are unbound - the problem I have with this is that the subform being a form in datasheet view will only allow one record and not multiple records!!

I need the ability to be able to cancel changes, should I decide I don't want to save the changes, before the data gets entered into the two tables.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Yo can't to enter more records in the subform because you link the MainForm and the Subform via unique number (via Primary key). In the MainForm it must be a unique, but in the subform it must not be a unique. In the subform it must
    be a FOREIGN KEY, (for a primary key in the subform chose any other field (it
    can be an autonumber)).
    Look at "DemoSubLA2000.mdb" (attachment, zip).
    Look at the tables, forms, relationships. Also look at "Link Child Fields" and
    "Link Master Fields" properteis (in the frmMain).
    Open frmMain and see.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MStef-ZG; 09-16-10 at 09:28.

Quote Originally Posted by MStef-ZG View Post
    Yo can't to enter more records in the subform because you link the MainForm and the Subform via unique number (via Primary key). In the MainForm it must be a unique, but in the subform it must not be a unique. In the subform it must
    be a FOREIGN KEY, (for a primary key in the subform chose any other field (it
    can be an autonumber)).
    Look at "DemoSubLA2000.mdb" (attachment, zip).
    Look at the tables, forms, relationships. Also look at "Link Child Fields" and
    "Link Master Fields" properteis (in the frmMain).
    Open frmMain and see.
    Thanks MStef, I think I have it sussed now