Unanswered: Converting ole objects and packages to native format

I've been scouring the Internet for an answer for my question, If anyone could help me out, that would be so awsome, thanks in advance, Dan

I'm converting an access 2003 database to sql server/vb.net. I have a table with jpegs, bitmaps, pdfs, xls, etc. stored as packages. I have found a program that will extract them to a folder as images. But what i really need, is a way to preserve the table because it contains id's for the packages that correspond with records in other tables, there's thousands of packages, etc. and i would have to manually download them from the old access program as images and upload them to sql server through my vb.net app. any help turning that table into a table that contains the images, etc with the id's intact, instead of packages would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Dan

Hi Stan

What is a "package"? JET\ ACE don't have this sort of datatype. Are they not stored as OLE Objects?
    Will the upsize wizard not just pump them in to SQL for you? (I don't know - I've never tried for OLE Objects).
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump View Post
    Hi Stan

What is a "package"? JET\ ACE don't have this sort of datatype. Are they not stored as OLE Objects?
    Will the upsize wizard not just pump them in to SQL for you? (I don't know - I've never tried for OLE Objects).
    I'm not good with access, but from what i think i know, a package will hold different file formats and put a header and footer around it presumably for storage reasons (i dunno) but here's a screen shot of the table in design and datasheet mode. I did try the upsizing wizard without success and i do believe they are stored as ole objects, like i said, i'm not good with access, I learned on sql server
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-2.jpg  
    Last edited by StanTheMan2; 09-16-10 at 12:46.