Unanswered: cannot restore database

hi,
    i just installed sql server 2005 express that previously has sql server 2000. When i try to restore database (that was backed up from sql servr 2000) to sql server 2005 express, got error message "the operating system returned the error '32(The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)..."

Anybody can help?

Thanks in advance

you need to disconnect the users if anybody using ,go to single user mode then u can restore

I can advise an easier way of data recovery sql server 2005, the analysis can be performed by another program. hope it helps

Provided Answers: 54
    You have SQL 2000 running now, and it has the database files open.

When you use SQL 2005 Express to restore the files, they attempt to overwrite the files that are in use by SQL 2000, which causes Windows to return the error message that you got to SQL 2005, which in turn passes the message to you.

You need to restore the files for the SQL 2005 Express databse to a different location than is being used by the files for the SQL 2000 database. If you'd like help with that, you need to tell us what tool are you using to do the restore.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.