Unanswered: DB2 Administration client.

Hello,
    Current system -DB2 Version 8.2 /Windown 2003

In our application server, we are having DB2 Administration client V8.2 which connects to DB2 8.2 Database server.

Is it possible to install the DB2 9.7 Administration Client in seperate folder in Same application saver?

Then I have to connect from 9.7 Adminstration client to our new DB2 9.7 database which is in the seperate server.

Please advise me.

Thanks, Valan

This is a tricky question because in 8.2, you can only have one Windows version at a time, but with 9.7 you can have multiple versions at one time. My experience in trying your exact situation did not work out well, but there may be a way to do it.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Provided Answers: 1
    I don't think you need to keep two copies of the admin client - you should be able to work with both servers using the 9.7 client.

Multiple version of db2 admin client can not be run ?

So...multiple version of db2 administration client (V8.2 & 9.7) can not be run in one machine.

Is it correct?

I have been looking more information about this on inforcentre, but I could not see anything yet.
    Please send me the link if you know already.

Thanks, valan

Check section "Migrating the DB2 Administration Server (DAS)"

You can have only one DAS per computer.

Hello Bella,
    I am little bit confused now.
    I wish to know that can I run multiple version of db2 administration client in one machine. Not the DAS.

Currently I am having 8.2 administration client. I am looking to install 9.7 client in a seperate folder on the same machine. (I dont want to upgrade the 8.2 client).
    Because we have got two seperate databases in individual machine v8.2 and v9.7.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks, Valan.

It looks like no one tested to install both Client Version on one box. Me neither.
    On Windows DB2 uses the Global Environment Variables. Even if you install both Clients you'ld have to switch these Variables maunally.

Quote Originally Posted by dgunas View Post
    I wish to know that can I run multiple version of db2 administration client in one machine. Not the DAS.
    Sorry, I misread your question