Unanswered: Hibernate no longer able to connect to DB2 after reinstall.

Hi,
    I've got a project that uses a Hibernate based webapp running on at tomcat server to access a DB2 database (Express-C version 9.7, Fix Pack 2). Everything worked fine until I had to reinstall the database and now Hibernate doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I've gone through all the steps listed in the install instructions to configure the database to accept tcp/ip connections (added an entry to /etc/services, updated the database manager configuration and set DB2COMM to "tcpip") and I've made sure that Hibernate is using the new port, username and password.

I would be very greatful if anyone could let me know if there's a step I'm probably missing to enable TCP/IP, or if anyone has any experience they can share regarding DB2 and Hibernate.

If you do happen to know Hibernate, I've posted more detailed information about my program and error messages here.

Thank you.

Hi,

have you restarted the Instance? Otherwise your changes are not active.
    The Database is there and the Appl-User can connect to the database? (db2 connect to db user <USER> using <PASSWORD>)

Yes, I've restarted the instance and the application user can connect to the database. I can also perform queries fine as the application user.