Unanswered: connecting to an advantage streamline database

I am trying to connect to a remote access database with php. The system dsn for the database is Advantage StreamlineSQL ODBC. I have tried installing Advantage PHP Driver and using the ads functions includes with that to no avail.

I have tried odbc_connect( ) and com objects, all with no luck.

Again I am trying to connect to an Access database located at ip address/path/to/db.mdb using php and I have no idea what I am doing.

Any help is appreciated.

Provided Answers: 1
    Use an Access ODBC driver when connecting to access. Use an Advantage StreamlineSQL ODBC driver when connecting to Advantage DB Server.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Ok, do you have any idea what the connection string would look like? Surely it has to have the ip address of the remote server somewhere?

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by AdvSqlUsr View Post
    Ok, do you have any idea what the connection string would look like? Surely it has to have the ip address of the remote server somewhere?
    no I don't, but then Im sure Google will have
    Google
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I don't mean to sound rude but I am posting to this forum and others because I've already spent several hours on google and have yet to find an answer.

I doubt many, if any, of the people on here have any experience of this. A quick google and I can't see how this is even related to Access - looks like a Sybase product.

I think perhaps you would be better served with another forum. Looking here, there is a dedicated AdvantageDB forum.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.