Unanswered: Cannot turn OFF switches

Hi,

I was using "IBM Control Center" and its "Activity Monitor". Then I performing some monitoring tasks, but I realised about the updates issued which made the following changes into the DBM cfg:

DBM System Monitor Information Collected

Switch list for db partition number 0
    Buffer Pool Activity Information (BUFFERPOOL) = ON 09/25/2010
    Lock Information (LOCK) = ON 07/14/2010
    Sorting Information (SORT) = ON 09/25/2010
    SQL Statement Information (STATEMENT) = ON 09/25/2010
    Table Activity Information (TABLE) = ON 09/25/2010
    Take Timestamp Information (TIMESTAMP) = ON 07/14/2010
    Unit of Work Information (UOW) = ON 09/25/2010

Now I am trying to manually revert the changes but I cannot see any change on its status.
    What I have done so far are 2 ways:
    1) db2 connect to DB; db2 update db2 update dbm cfg using DFT_MON_etcetc off immediate;db2 terminate
    2) db2 attach to DB; DFT_MON_etcetc off immediate;db2 detach

But neither of them seems to execute with an immediate effect.
    I do not want to restart the instance and I need to perform this changes (switch off) in the LIFE instance.
    (I checked the instance uptime and it wasn't restarted by the Control Center tools when running all those monitoring tasks then I wonder how it happened!!)

really appreciate all your experience.

Thanks very much

Ran

Provided Answers: 1
    Monitor switches are local to a database session (Control Centre in your case). Changing DFT_MON_* instance parameters will only affect future sessions. To turn the switches off in the current session, use the UPDATE MONITOR SWITCHES command (or the Control Centre equivalent, whatever that may be).

Quote Originally Posted by n_i View Post
    Monitor switches are local to a database session (Control Centre in your case). Changing DFT_MON_* instance parameters will only affect future sessions. To turn the switches off in the current session, use the UPDATE MONITOR SWITCHES command (or the Control Centre equivalent, whatever that may be).
    Thanks very much for your reply.

I also would like to know what about the DFT_MON_* instance parameters, how can a modify then ? do I need to change to restart the db instance?

Thanks very much for your help

Quote Originally Posted by ranmanh View Post
    I also would like to know what about the DFT_MON_* instance parameters, how can a modify then ? do I need to change to restart the db instance?
    Their behaviour is described in the manual.

Thanks very much n_i.

Yes, I did read the manual but I was asking about those unclear concepts due to my lack of experience.
    Question like if I need to restart the instance when modifying the "DFT_MON_*"to make the changes effective. (sorry, I re-read what I wrote and yes, it does not sound right,rather stupid,I meant to question everything together.. but..)

I was having a look into the manual/forums but it wasn't too clear, reason why I opened this post.

Thanks very much for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by the fine manual
    Propagation class
    Immediate
    Note: The change takes effect immediately if you explicitly ATTACH to the instance before modifying the dft_mon_xxxx switch settings. Otherwise the setting takes effect the next time the instance is restarted.