Unanswered: how to take backup

hi,
    i am working on sybase 15.5 on windows vista platform.

i got some problem , i have loaded my whole data on sybase . but suddenly the sybase server stopped working , & presently backup server is running fine.

is there any way that i can take backup of the data which i have loaded, so that when i reinstall the sybase on my system i can directly use that backup data to do my work .

if there is any way to do this please let me know the detail about it.

Provided Answers: 1
    Have a look at disk reinit and disk refit

taking backup without sybase sqlserver working

hi
    i guess the above things does not work without starting the sqlserver of sybase.

i need the way to take backup without starting the sqlserver of server & with only sybase backup server running.

You can make a copy of your database files while Sybase dataserver is not running
    What I meant was after reinstall use disk reinit and disk refit for your database device since you have no backup

regarding disk reinit & disk refit

hi

i have worked with disk reinit & disk refit, but i got few problems.

firstly i have my database on the device created by me.

i took the copy of my device & master device and after re installation of sybase i did disk reinit , after it started showing my device i tried to do disk refit .

what i understand is that the disk refit works on master device. so i tried disk refit on original master device which was created by sybase on reinstallation , but that doesn't worked .

after that i replaced this master device from the copy of previously installed sybase master device . this time i got little success that now sybase is showing my device & also showing my database but still it is not showing the schema of that database neither it is showing any data or column in that database .

& also its giving error "that the device & database are not properly initialized" . when trying to access that database.

also i didn't understand how this disk refit works means whenever i m running the disk fit its giving me error "Only the master database can be recovered when attempting to use the DISK REFIT
    command. Restart the server using trace flag 3608
    ."

if u have any idea to how to make disk refit work please tell me the procedure of making it working so that i can recover my data.

thanks

hi
    thanks for help