Alpine Califormia

Unanswered: two child tables should they be one or no

I have two child tables that are connected to one table which is called the people_tbl. The two child tables are named AdultStateAcitivy_tbl and TanfActivity_tbl now its for the two grants that this nonprofit organization has. they report on the activities of each participant. The two tables dont record the same actiivies, and a TANF participant can do state and tanf activity but a state participant can only do state activities so I kept their activities seperated. I hope this all makes sense? I am wondering if I should combine these two child tables or keep them apart?? Seems to me its allot easier to report on them when they are seperated.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    Because the two tables represent different entities (real world things) with different properties, I'd keep them separate. It is possible to combine the two tables because one is a proper subset of the other, but this makes for convoluted code that doesn't really help you in any way.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.